Wednesday, November 17, 2010

EOC Week 7: How to Evaluate Employee Performance in 15 Easy Steps

What did you learn?

I learned a lot about Breann, for the fact that I've never even met her before. She is a culinary student and she is originally from Canada. I also learned that you have to live in the U.S. for 3 years before you can apply to be a citizen
What caught you by surprise?

It caught me  by surprise that Breann is from Canada and works in Academic Affairs here at the school.  She is a Canadian citizen working on her citizenship in the U.S.

How prepared were you?

I was prepared with good questions to ask about her current employment situation and began to come up with even better questions during the process for the fact that I was basically getting to  know her in a sense.

Evaluate the individual members of your group.

Breann is very intelligent and presents herself professionally. She speaks well and clearly. She has a lot of goals and is okay with stepping outside of her comfort zone. She likes to learn about the world and other cultures, for her plans after school are to travel.

By name, how did they participate?

Breann participated with enthusiasm and was comfortable with answering all the questions I had to ask her. She was very open and seemed confident with her answers. 


Do you think they (by name) could be viable candidates for a real job? Explain.

Of course, I think Breann would make a great employee anywhere, for she does put up with a lot in Academic Affairs, where I think she does not work preferably, but does it anyway because she needs a job.

Would you want them to represent your school in a job interview situation as a graduate of The Art Institute?

Yes, she is a great person to represent our school. She has a lot of goals and is reaching them one step at a time.

How could this experience be improved for you? For the class?

I think that if I had another person in our group to kind of "compare" or maybe get the other person to open up more would give me more to work with.

No comments:

Post a Comment