Wednesday, December 1, 2010

EOC Week 9: Personal Freedom vs. Union Membership

What would you do if you wanted to work for a company and you had to join the union to get the job?
Basically if I wanted to work for a company but had to join the union to get the job, I would join the union. It all comes down to how badly you want the job. If I didn't feel the job was worth both the benefits and advantages of joining the union, then obviously I would not take the job.

What if they called a strike over an issues you did not agree with?
If there was a strike called over an issue that I did not agree with then I would do my best to express my feelings and to have the other party see in my point of view. However, if no action can be taken to strengthen my side of the issue, I would just change my attitude towards the problem to where it wasn't bothering me. I always say, if you don't like something, change it; if you can't change it, then change the way you think about it.

What other issues might concern you if you had to belong to get a paycheck?
I am a pretty adventurous person and I like to do things on my own. I have a hard time doing anything that someone requires me to do that I don't want to do. I just don't feel like anyone should do anything they didn't want to do. Therefore, that would be my main concern-- if I wanted to relocate somewhere or take time off to travel or visit family, I think that I have every right to, and if someone told me that I was not allowed, that would become an issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment