Wednesday, December 8, 2010

BOC Week 10: Getting Fired

I have never experienced getting fired from a job (fortunately), nor have I ever fired someone. However, I do recall this time where my store manager fired this employee for being late every single day and always had the craziest excuses. For example, one morning he was late because he couldn't decide if he wanted cereal or waffles for breakfast. Another time, he called into work 30 minutes after he was scheduled, and said he had a dream that he called in a few hours ago and said he was sick. His excuses were horrible but pretty entertaining. After several times, the store manager fired him. He came into work and my store manager took him to the back and gave him his check and said that he was paid for the rest of the week and that we didn't need him to stay. The boy sat in the break room and ate his sandwich and everyone thought it was awkward. Then our store manager said that he needed to walk him out and the boy asked if he could use the computer to look for a new job.


No one really understood this boy and we're still very unsure that he's "all there". As far as getting fired, I could not imagine what it would be like. I have never been fired from a job and it seems like it would be a really big inconvenience in someone's life. I hope to continue not getting fired, for that is something I consider very unfortunate.

No comments:

Post a Comment